So it’s that time of the year again – when all right-thinking southrons celebrate the solstice by having lunch outside or next to the pool, and think fondly of all those poor folk who can’t go outside for long where they live.
Here’s to you all, then, from Anna-Lise and I:
– Pete Meissner, who made it a very special year for me. You know what you did, bro. You done good. Thanks!
– Don Cowan, Zakkie Pretorius and Alfie Botha: you done good too. VERY good…B-)
– Henry Gee, who exposed me to a world I didn’t know existed. Thank you, Henry. Thank you most sincerely…B-[
– And to Dr Iris, and that cogitating pachyderm: here’s hoping for tenure!! Really!
– Finally, the lump-of-coal awards: first, to that excitable person with the keyboard-using equivalent of Tourette’s Syndrome, who can’t spell; second, to nicoleandwhosis – no tenure for you; you leap to conclusions not based on evidence MUCH too fast.
And to everyone (or nearly everyone) – a great 2012!!